Helping Buyers and Sellers Support their Charity of Choice!
Information you provide - When you sign up as a user of the Site, we ask you for personal information such as your name, email address and an account password. For sellers on the Site, including Auctioning Organizations, we also request credit card information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers.
Cookies - When you visit lovemycharity.com, we send one or more cookies – i.e. small files that contain a string of characters - to your computing device that uniquely identifies your browser. We use these cookies to improve the quality of our service, store user preferences, improve search results and to track user trends, such as how they search.
Login information - When you access lovemycharity.com’s Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends, such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language and the date and time of your request.
User communications - When you send email or other communications to lovemycharity.com, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
Links - lovemycharity.com may provide links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether the links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising.
- Providing our services, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, researching and analyzing in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
- Protecting the rights or property of lovemycharity.com or our users;
- Providing required information to the charitable organizations receiving donations through the Site and to Auctioning Organizations to enable said organizations to meet donor substantiation requirements; and
- Developing new services.
lovemycharity.com processes personal information on our servers in the United States and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process this information to provide our own services or on behalf of, and according to, the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
We will not collect or use sensitive information, such as information we know to be confidential, or that which relates to medical information, ethnic origin, political or religious beliefs or sexuality, or that which is tied to personal information.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case lovemycharity.com may not be able to provide those services to you.
Information sharing - lovemycharity.com only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of lovemycharity.com in the following limited circumstances:
- To Enable Nonprofits to Provide Acknowledgements of Donations. We will provide your name and email address to nonprofit organizations to which you donate through the Site, either as a seller, or otherwise, and to Auctioning Organizations. The purpose of such communication is to enable the nonprofit organization to keep track of its donors and to provide you with important tax documentation concerning your donation.
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information. By using the Site, thereby agreeing to lovemycharity.com’s User Agreement, users grant lovemycharity.com permission to provide their email information to the designated nonprofits for a particular transaction. This provision is intended to allow the nonprofit to send an acknowledgement of donation to the user.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary. This includes, but is not limited to the following reasons: (a) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) to enforce applicable terms and conditions of service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of lovemycharity.com, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
Information security - We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to your personal information to lovemycharity.com employees, contractors and agents who need to access that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Data integrity - At lovemycharity.com we review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services or as otherwise permitted under this Policy. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information - When you use lovemycharity.com services, we make a good faith effort to provide you with access to your personal information. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.